Monday 4 January 2010

My Job Hunt

Today is January 4th and for most people that means returning to work after the holidays. Since I don’t have a job, today is the first day back to job hunting. Step 1 – Change up my resume. I only recently had it pointed out to me that perhaps the format of my resume was the issue. After a quick google search I found that in fact my resume does need to be improved and made more concise. How motivated am I do completely overhaul my resume? Instead of working it on it, I’m writing on my blog so pretty motivated.

I’m finding it difficult to stay positive while job hunting. I know that I am qualified to work all sorts of jobs I just need to get an interview. I’m trying to keep in mind that job hunting would not necessarily be any easier if I had stayed in Canada as opposed to moving over to the U.K. When I made the decision to move, I was aware that I was taking a chance of possibly not moving forward in my career field (criminology) and would have to settle for a job that pays.

There’s a chance that I have been extremely lucky in the job department in the past and jobs have sort of presented themselves when required. I’m really hoping that since it is the New Year I will somehow be able to re-kindle that luck and things will start to fall into place.

Goals for today:

1. Change my resume/CV into a U.K. friendly format

2. Apply for jobs in my field and easy, local jobs

- C Seems manageable…

1 comment:

  1. don't be so hard on yourself hun, give yourself time and a great opportunity will present itself :)
    (this is Aimee btw)

    ReplyDelete