Wednesday 3 February 2010

The Universe is Against Me Today

At the place that I work, because I am trying to clean up the work mess of the previous temp, I have trouble locating many files. Customers write in very angrily asking why I haven't responded to their previous correspondence. Occasionally I have to re-request that certain documents be re-submitted to me. In the letter that I send out I play the dumb receptionist card and say that I spilled water on my desk and a number of files (including theirs) were destroyed.

So what happened today? A glass of water ACTUALLY spilled all over my desk giving my keyboard and mouse a shower.

Then I had a meeting at 3:00 p.m. to find out more about the computer codes that are involved in recording everything. This system is the master at work. After an hour and 20 minutes this is what I learned
1. I've been doing at least 3 times as much work as I had to because there are computer codes that will do the work for me.
2.Essentially all the training that I have had has been wrong because they didn't know the right procedures
3. I may have to re-do most of the work since I got there.

All through the meeting (all day really) I kept thinking - I have this job interview on Friday and its going to be my ticket out of here. I can survive anything knowing there's a chance that I'm about to get a job in my field.

On the train home my phone rang. Turns out that having a valid U.K. license and car is an essential part of the job. CRAP! So she told me not to come in anymore. I was SO keen to sell my car before I left Canada. Little did I know how important being able to drive and having a car would be!

Overall a rough day.

No comments:

Post a Comment